View Single Post
Old
07-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
If he wants to play somewhere else so badly, we sign an offer sheet knowing your present team can match the offer? Does that make sense to you?
Glenn, the offer sheet Weber signed is so massively front loaded that it practically has "**** you Nashville" stamped on it. Weber knows we will have a hard time matching this offer, probably why he signed it in the first place because he knew we couldn't offer this. In negotiations he probably asked Poile for this kind of contract, got denied, then signed this offer sheet. I also believe his agent saying things changed July 4th is actually true. Of course they changed!

Had it been more spread out without all the bonus money, I think we would match it... now... I am not convinced we can or will. If we were going to, I have a feeling we already would've due to the fact poile knew the offer sheet was coming (per many different sources Dreger etc) which tells any rational person that Poile knew what kind of offer weber was looking for but couldn't match it.

The best option for us right now is to not match and swap the picks for young players like Cooter and Vorachek