View Single Post
Old
12-02-2003, 09:21 AM
kenabnrmal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishinator05
By tight I think they mean tight in score, not in defense.

Selanne is just a whiny *****. So players don't score 70 goals anymore. It's because goalies are so much better than they used to be.

Of course he has to whine about Giguere also.. they've been checked out and okayed by the league, so get over it. He seemed to be moving ok when he stoned Gaborik last year in the playoffs.. seems to me he can move.
Actually, he didn't criticize Giguere or accuse him of cheating. He said the league needs to change the rules on the size of the pads. The fact that Giguere's pads are legal now is pretty much the problem. Its not Giggy's fault, he's playing by the rules. Its the league's.

As for the rest of your post, Selanne could have said anything from "we need to rid the world of AIDS" to "I hope they find that missing girl in North Dakota", and you'd still call him a whiner. Interesting you didn't bash Sakic for echoing Selanne's statements.

I said it before with Thornton, and will now with Sakic and Selanne. I'm behind the players speaking out about the changes they feel need to be made. The NHL has proven to not give a rat's ass what the fans think, so its up to the players. I don't think the game is in as dire shape as many seem to, and I like watching a hard fought 2-1 game...if the chances are there. The NHL is the slowest moving league in professional sports when it comes to making changes to improve the product. Players speaking out about it can't hurt.