View Single Post
Old
07-20-2012, 09:05 AM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Because it's in our interest for them to do the "smart" thing. So why not prod them in the right direction to make sure it happens?
No, that's my point. This is 100% a money decision for them. If they have the money, then they keep Weber - we can't prod them out of that decision. If they can't make the payment, then he's ours with no need to sweeten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Actually, (and I think Meltzer or someone else might have alluded to this too), I think it would make sense to move something like Voracek and Meszaros in place of a couple of 1sts to sweeten the deal. It allows the Predators to save a little face so that maybe they don't match just out of pride, it gives them some NHL players to help keep them afloat in the short term, it helps with the relationship between the Flyers and Predators for the future, and it sheds some salary and gives us some breathing room cap-wise.

I would still rather just give the 4 1sts and keep Voracek but if that's what it takes to get the deal done then it's worth it.
Oh, I fully expect for some of those #1s to end up being replaced with roster players, with Voracek and Meszaros likely names to hear, I'm not disputing that. I just don't think the equivalent value has any reason to be more then that of 4 1st rounders.