View Single Post
Old
07-20-2012, 10:32 AM
El Emperor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
I'm confused by the main board, not shocking I know, and their idea on how Nash should sign Weber and then trade him.

They say "Have to match. He's the face of the franchise, captain, and you'll lose the fan base, and sink the franchise if you don't match."

Then they go on to say "They can just trade him in a year for a better package than 4 1st round picks."

Disregarding the $27 million they'd be paying in one year, how the hell does that make sense? Would he no longer be the face of the franchise, captain, and would you no longer lose the fan base, and sink the franchise in a year?

In fact it'd be worse since your fan base now thinks he's a Pred for life, and then you ship him out a year later.

I don't get it.
I think all of those people are the fans of the teams that don't want him on the Flyers. Just reaching for reasons for Nashville to match.

Nashville fans I think honestly want him to stay in Nashville despite what it will cost to keep him. I just hope for their sake, they pack that arena season after season, cause that contract is going to need a lot of revenue to keep afloat.