View Single Post
Old
04-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
I think the playoff reffing so far has been... extremely consistent with the regular season reffing, anyway. FWIW. I've watched almost all of the Barrie-Majors, Barrie-Brampton series', a couple games from the Brampton-Belleville series after the Majors were eliminated, and starting on the Petes and Colts now.

Generally speaking, it's way too many penalties and too many of the questionable variety for me to enjoy these playoff games as much as I have in the past. Some of the OT games have demonstrated a very definite double standard. Which I'm actually glad for, because it means that at least there have been some moments of sanity in the games. If they were calling all the late 3rd periods and OTs just like the rest of the game, it'd be a true nightmare.

But I don't blame the refs themselves for it, really. It's part of the same philosophy that the NHL is going to try to follow in their playoffs this year too. It'll make for ugly, horrible, frustrating powerplay hockey this year, but the ultimate goal is to gradually create a better, cleaner product in the future. Sacrificing this year is the price we have to pay.