View Single Post
Old
07-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
RNH goes down and he plays with Hall and Eberle. Coincidence that he put up 15 points in 5 games? He finally has players with his skill set(ok yea they are a lot better than him). He's going to play with a combination of Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Hemsky, Paajarvi, Smyth this season. He'll also get more ice time with Krueger who was quoted by Elliot Friedman saying something along the lines of "in the offensive zone I'll let them be as creative as they want." I just hope that means that Shawn Horcoff isnt logging premium power play time. I cant believe he was getting close to 3 minutes of PP per game. Its a miracle the Oilers had a #3 pp.
Might as well blame Horcoff for the Oilers being ranked third on the PP like most are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taunting canadian View Post
On a side note, I'm hoping that someday we can put to bed the notion that a player electing for arbitration means they're pretty much "done with the team" (an idea that some people argued on the Oilers board).

On rare occasions, an arbitration case does get nasty (e.g. Tommy Salo vs Mike Milbury). A little more common, but still pretty rare are the cases where the team walks away from an arbitration award. It seems to me that by far the most common result of an arbitration filing is that the team and player settle on a contract before the hearing. When it does go to a hearing, it's pretty clear that even that's not an automatic death blow for the team/player relationship - Smith captained the Oilers for several years after his.
And that's what I argued on that Oilers thread while everybody was overreacting. I told them he'll get a deal before his hearing. Fell on deaf ears.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote