vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegar Strokes View Post
DSP/Etem/Maroon/whoever the hell earns that spot-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-Bonino-Palmieri
Cogs-Koivu-Selanne
Winnik-Holland/FA-Staubitz/Belesky

That's what I'd like to see.
Does anyone else think it's possible that we see Etem in the show this year? I got to watch him quite a bit in the WHL last year and he looked on his own level (obviously, look at his goals). He is so so so fast and has the ability to just put the puck in the net. I could see him not being ready but I could also see them giving him a try, if it works out that could really change our lines a lot as having another top 6 winger makes a huge difference.

I like this signing a lot as it's basically what we needed on the bottom 6, the thing that annoys me is I wish Bob would recognize how bad we need good face-off men. Not only is Koivu a weak 2nd line C right now in my opinion, he's not getting any younger. If we found a good face-off guy for the 2nd line and could have Koivu slotted on the 3rd line I would like our forward a lot more, but to me this is a gaping hole that gets ignored every time we make a signing.

I would like to see something similar to what you posted, I just don't know if Bonino is ready for that role, if he is then great, but if there is someone we could sign that we know for sure can fill that role then that would be more ideal.

JtotheLew is offline   Reply With Quote