View Single Post
Old
07-20-2012, 02:40 PM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well, somehow, if he'd REALLY want out of there...again...why didn't he wait just 1 year? There were reports prior to that already that Poile would match any offer. Why would Weber take that chance? 'Cause Philly was too great an opportunity to pass on? Come on...there would have been tons of others like that next year. So if Poile match it, Weber WILL have to play hard for his team. At worst, he still needs to show that he will be amongst the best even with that kind of contract so if a trade is in order at one point, he needs to play hard to keep that value up. Even if we know that his value will always be up.

Yet, I totally understand Philly move. But it's just mind boggling to understand Weber's move if his goal #1 was to leave Nashville. Makes no sense to me. So either he won't mind Nashville. Either, he took a risk and understand the implications of it. Either, he'll be awaiting for a trade if Nashville match it. So the who cares for me works as far as Nashville is concerned. At worst, they'll have a pretty good return for him. At best, he plays good for them. If they don't match it, well it gives also a pretty good return....but surely not if they would be trading him. But Nashville has been doing a relatively okay job on the draft front.
Players should always avoid 1-year contracts if they can.

If they get injured, they can lose everything. Weber saw an opportunity to make 100 million, so he took it away before it risked being gone.