View Single Post
Old
07-20-2012, 03:45 PM
PFL615

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderdoug View Post
don't disagree one bit.

The fact is, the preds said they were going to have a big boy payroll, let their players play out their contracts like the big boys do, and when it came down to putting the money out like the big boys do, it's all hemming and hawing and we can't afford this and that.

I mentioned it a few weeks ago, if you're not going to compete with the big boys, then you can't let your players get anywhere near attracting a big boy contract. If that means you have to buy out some of their years, then so be it.

I like you analogy of the tampa bay rays, and it's exactly what i mentioned a few weeks ago. If evan longoria had even sniffed fa status, he'd be a yankee or red sox, but the rays locked him up for years, and did so by having to pay a little bit more up front.

Now look at what we're doing with some of our rfa's like colin wilson. I still have alot of faith in this guy. He appears to be our best shot at a difference making forward, along with craig smith. Yes, we could save a buck by lowballing them and threatening arb and all sorts of stuff. Or you could give them a contract that would keep them preds for the next 6 years, even if you have to pay a little more on the front end.

this front office has completely blown it. I don't know if they deserve another shot at screwing it up again.
amen!!!!!

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote