View Single Post
Old
07-20-2012, 04:03 PM
doaner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
In the press conference, the police chief stated the shooter was well armored - helmet, throat protector, groin protector, full body armor - so maybe going to the movies packing aint exactly the best defense against him. In a darkened theater, nice to think everyone with a gun knows how to shoot a guy in full body armor in a darkened theater and put him down before he hurts anyone... but I think that is a fantasy.

Maybe if the other patrons had gone to the movie in full body armor and helmets, more of them would be all right - but I'm guessing not many people are going to go out and buy full body armor and wear it to the local cineplex or shopping mall.

Anymore than people routinely wear a helmet when they get in a car.

"Oh, I'd rather wear a helmet in the car and not need it, than need a helmet and not wear it. When there's about to be a crash, there's no time to put a helmet on, you know!"

I don't know anyone who wears a safety helmet when driving a car on the street. Off-road, or racing, sure.

Some adults, when they go out on a boat on the lake, want to wear a life jacket at all times too.

Kinda like, when a guy goes outside in the sun, does he always wear a hat or put on sun block?

"Hey, no need for a hat or sun block...

I'm protected by my gun!"

No need to be a dick bud.