View Single Post
Old
07-20-2012, 06:15 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Seriously, this argument has absolutely no merit. Just think about the situation for even a second: "the GM said something mean about me so I'm going to leave this low pressure market for a brutal, undesirable, oppressive coverage high profile situation." No thinking being could follow that logic.

Furthermore, if Weber was always planning on leaving because he got his feelings hurt, neither him nor Suter would have made even the littlest stink about where Suter signed. If Suter had gone back to Nashville, Weber would have signed there long term. Arbitration had absolutely nothing to do with the situation. Weber leaving is more attributable to Parise and Fletcher than it is to Poile.
Dude. Did you have your head in the sand about the aftermath of that arbitration hearing? Weber basically came out and said that he didn't like hearing a massive negative argument against him and his play.

Further edit: As part of the "aftermath", Weber's agent came out and said that "they" consider the priorities that Nashville needs to follow are; Re-signing Suter, Assuring Weber he will also be signed, and then Rinne.

Poile basically said screw that; I'm signing Rinne FIRST.