Old
07-20-2012, 07:21 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I see that you have nothing else to say because I am clearly right. I don't give a **** where you live and how many times you claim to have seen this guy. He may be a great dude, but he's a declining player. He's 35. His body is breaking down. And he's now a 50 some-odd point player. This is real life -- not NHL 12. You don't give guys like this big money and big years. End of story.

You must've sleepwalked through the 90s/2000s since you claim to have followed this team then. This would be just like any of those other moronic moves this team made.

I get the fact that you have some man crush on Doan because you live in Phoenix and can't somehow see the idiocy in signing this guy to the deal he wants. I understand that. But you need to seriously think about the problems this will bring to this team if he goes off a cliff once he's 37. Something that is very likely to happen.