View Single Post
Old
07-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
41 votes for Schultz, lol. You guys... mad crazy. His absolute upside is 13 forward who likes to throw punches (most likely a career minor leaguer who does mostly the same).

Right now I'm kind of laughing at those who cast a vote for Schultz instead of Berger. Berger has the skating and puck skills to go with that size, and could turn into a permanent 4th liner somewhere, at least. The "most knowledgeable fan base in the league" has really let me down over the past 10 picks or so.
I think you're underrating Schultz. I know it's just stats but he had a nice 2nd half to the season (22 points in last 45 games) and he's shown great improvement in his game from year to year. Both Berger and Schultz have huge skating issues but at least Schultz has some aspects to his game that we may benefit from if he pans out. He also actually showed to be some use at the Pro level as well.

I mean...we just gave Prust 2.5M. He had worse stats in junior even with the over ager year. In the first couple seasons in the AHL as a 21 and 22 year old he put up 26 and 27 points. At 21, Schultz put up 23 points with all pretty much coming in the last 45 games (around 0.5pts/game). If he can maintain or perhaps even improve that 0.5pts/game we might have ourselves a big guy who can fight but also play a little.

This late in the prospect ranking, especially considering the lack of depth compared to 5+ years ago, Schultz shouldn't be a surprise vote.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote