View Single Post
Old
07-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Brozgalov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
My biggest issue with Snider is that he authorized this offer after the owners' CBA proposal would have eliminated almost every aspect of this ... term, cascading salary, signing bonuses, etc. If it weren't a CBA negotiation year and he was operating within an existing agreement that wasn't under review ... got it, he's using the existing rules to try to screw an other team to get an asset he wants. Fehr is going to use this offer against the owners to tank any effort to eliminate the crazy deals we've seen this summer and to a limited amount, last summer (particularly Brad Richards).
Agreed, and what makes it worse is he probably did this intentionally knowing that. The way I see it, he acted on this idea because it might raise the stakes for a lock-out which makes it even harder for Nashville to match. THAT to me is even worse...

Like I said, I love the man, and it's awesome to see someone who wants to win this bad. You just have to go about it the right way. Yes this is allowed in the current rules, but you are correct. I think he's just getting older and wants a cup ASAP. At 79, he is trying to make that happen soon.