View Single Post
Old
07-21-2012, 12:29 AM
jordan7hm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenseMinister View Post
Hitch was hired on November 6th. Elliott had started 6 *** games to that point so I guess your definition of a "having a lights out season" differs from mine.

The point isn't that Elliott can't play well in spurts, that's not a secret. He did it here on multiple occasions. The point is that if he has to carry the load for an extended period, he breaks down or loses focus or whatever his problem is and craps out. That's why they sheltered the hell out of him in St Louis and had him play in less games than many backups. His numbers were great but so were Halak's. And when the playoffs started, despite his amazing stats, the team went with Halak (which appeared to be the right decision given how terrible he was when he was forced in because of Halak's injury).

His own team clearly didn't trust him to carry the load so why should anyone here think any differently?
6 games doesn't a career make, but it's a decent enough sample size to say that his seasons wasn't because of Hitchcock. He and Halak had awesome seasons. Nobody is saying he can carry the load himself.

I like them as a tandem. With Halak starting in the playoffs because Elliott can't seem to figure it out.

jordan7hm is offline   Reply With Quote