View Single Post
Old
07-21-2012, 03:53 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Leslie, who are you responding too? You write "you" and refer to someone mentioning all those names, but I am not sure if any poster mentioned all names (I only mentioned Brooks and Dellapinna).

Anyway, you are definitely spot on on the changes in media coverege. And its certainly not only hockey reporters who are at fault, if you want to call it that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie Treff View Post
Hmm, I personally know all the guys of which you speak (not Meisel). No question Larry Brooks is the most connected of the current writers.

[...]

Just know that all of the guys you talked about here--Brooks, Zipay, Gross, Spector, Carpinello, Dellapina, as well as Zinzer and others not mentioned--work(ed) very hard to cover the team and are there almost all the time. If they are not, they tell you that right off the bat.

The changes in media coverage is a very interesting subject. It's just hard for me to read personal attacks about the individuals that I know personally, who do know the game, and work hard to get whatever news they have available to you.
I might have been a bit provocative in this thread, but my posts should not be interpreted as I think either all the rest, or even anyone in particular, is necessary doing a bad job (without being an expert on these I guess its not most of these peoples "jobs" to express their opinion and so forth). And I am sure they are putting in the hrs and in many aspects, the cover we as fans gets is fantastic compared to what it was 20 years ago.

But overall, if Brooks were to hang it up today -- we would miss a whole "type" of reporting.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote