View Single Post
Old
07-21-2012, 04:42 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=UsernameWasTaken;52783867]Hall is not automatic for the team by any stretch. He needs to stay healthy for a year and put up numbers at the same time.

He can have all the skill and drive in the world...but he hasn't registered enough pro-level performance to justify his inclusion. At this point, Perry is an easy choice over him.

Ppl need to keep reminding themselves it's not a prospects game or a talent showcase...or, at least, i hope it's not.

We need people who will be able to show up and put down results in a brief period of time and under heavy pressure. Having, in the long run, a *high ceiling* is not what's important.

re: seguin - unless he reaches a new level this year, he should not be on the team. As skilled as he is, and as much as he's improving quickly, there's still a level of timidity to his game (which is completely to be expected given his age and level of experience). I fear he will look lost at a tournament like this.

I've thought about it more and wouldn't mind Getzlaf and Perry on the team. Getzlaf is certainly no stranger to stupidity in international tournaments...but he's strong and powerful enough that if he can pick up his game he should be an effective presence. Same with Perry.

I'd rather leave any decision on Getzlaf until December 2013. If he's skating better (I think he's still hampered from a left ankle injury that's a few years old) and is a 30-40 guy next season (which is what he should be considering who he's got playing on his wing) then I'm not one to include him just because he has experience. We got all the players we need from an experience perspective. Perry I'm 50/50.