View Single Post
Old
07-21-2012, 09:09 AM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Aucoin re-ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
My initial thoughts on this are that Aucoin is a depth signing for Washington, or another move is going to be made in Hershey to accomodate him. Hershey dealt with the 6 veterans last year and eventually Richmond was shipped out so I doubt this happens again. I could see McNeil being moved because of the Stafford signing and Hershey having a good amount of puck movers already, but I can't figure out which veteran would be moved considering the only vet on a Washington contract is Potulny. It will be interesting to see what happens
Yes, they started the season last year with an extra vet and yes, eventually Richmond was traded. That was not the first season in recent years where they have carried an extra vet to start the season, it has happened in other years, too.

I have had this McNeill conversation with a couple of people and posted elsewhere about it this morning. As far as the 2 tweener vets, one can play in a vet slot, but I’ve wondered about Patrick McNeill’s situation given the lack of opportunity in the org. and whether he’d be a candidate for a move either per request or the organization moving on. Just my speculation, no idea what will happen.

With the unknowns of the NHL CBA, injuries, call-ups, etc., it's too early to know what will happen.

As of now:

AHL vets per AHL rule:

F: DiSalvatore (H/vet), Hamill (W/tw vet), Kane (H/vet), Potulny(W/vet), Taffe (H/vet)
D: Stafford (W/vet), McNeill (W/tw vet)

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 07-21-2012 at 07:21 PM.
sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote