View Single Post
Old
07-21-2012, 11:13 AM
RaiderDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Doesn't it feel like the more this drags on, the further out the door Weber gets? I don't think the money is there. Unless Brett Wilson steps up, the money won't be there. In my opinion the local owners need to sell the majority stake to Wilson if they cannot play with the big boys. Or we need to completely revamp our identity, which I'm not opposed to, but will take years and do possible insufferable damage to the fan support.

I don't read the fish wrap but they must be salivating.
Honestly, and I hate to be all doom and gloom, but this may be the end of the NHL in Nashville.

If they don't match (or are unable to con Philly out of a suitable return), then I don't see us breaking 10k in attendance next year. Or the year after.

Those 4 firsts won't bear fruit for years, if ever. With Rinne, we'll never truly be bad enough to land any difference making talent through the draft. I think it's safe to say we'll never spend money on UFAs (unless Smithson becomes one). We'll just keep trolling along - somewhere around 10th. How many years will the fans keep this up before the support just implodes like Atlanta.

Make no mistake, there was support for the Thrashers in Atlanta. But years of mismanagement, poor decisions, and basically treating the fans like crap - the bottom fell out.

It could happen here.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote