Thread: Colin Wilson?
View Single Post
Old
07-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
Fisher and Legwand are 2nd line possibly 3rd line at the worst centers to me. 4th no way. I think Trotz will back off the dump n chase when he can get some guys ready that are a little more skilled and trust them. Hopefully one day Smith and Wilson.
Agreed, and their placement among centers in terms of production backs that up. They are low for first line centers, but would be among the most productive 2nd line centers in the league, let alone 3rd.

As to the second part, this is accurate. We will dump and chase because of having relatively few players that are skilled enough to break the neutral zone on their own. I don't really see Wilson being molded that way, it's just a tactic that all teams will use, and all players should be expected to do. His board and cycle game is rounding out very nicely, and he seems to have a bit of a power forward in him. I'd love to see Wilson and Bourque on two wings of a line to start the year, I think they could give some opponents a real tough time of it.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote