View Single Post
Old
07-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzie View Post
I'm not talking about fighting. Battling in the corners is exactly what this team is lacking. You're saying he doesn't hit but you're telling me to watch him play? Good stuff. Making him out to be something he's not? Has the tools to be the prototypical PF this team has been missing. I think in a year or 2 he'll be the player everyone is lamenting we need on the team if he's traded for anything less than a stud forward.

edit: Like my avi?
He's already 24 years old. Frattin is a player with some sand in his game who is hard on the forecheck, but the kid is primarily a scorer. I never said he doesn't hit, but he is certainly lacking the tools of a prototypical power forward. Biggs or Ashton have those tools, not Frattin. If Frattin is to stick as an NHL regular it will be based on his scoring prowess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
His shot is a weapon that hasn't been utilized to it's best. It's an elite shot that makes him dangerous and a top notch prospect in the offensive zone however don't make it out that he's a one trick pony there's more to his game one of which is that he's really strong, hard to contain when he's driving to the net and yes he does play tough just that he's not a fighter of a regular occurrence but will drop the gloves if he has to.
He's tough the same way Lupul is tough. Doesn't shy away from contact, finishes checks. He isn't the physical force that people are making him out to be on here.

That being said I see Frattin as a 2nd/3rd line tweener in the NHL with 25 goal/ 15 assist upside. Offensively, he doesn't use his teammates well. He is already 24.