View Single Post
Old
07-21-2012, 07:27 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Heh. I'm also a bit amused at the lack of discussion about this topic. Whatever happens, I think this ends up working out great for the Blues. If Nashville doesn't match this offseason will likely cripple them competitively for 3 to 5 years. If Nashville does match, they probably won't have the cash available the next 4 years to address whatever roster shortcomings they have that they can't fill internally.

It's a win-win scenario for us. I feel terrible for Nashille fans, though. I have a lot of empathy for fans of that franchise.
There isn't too much to say about it. Obviously the AAV is a no-brainer because nobody doubts Weber's a 7.8M guy and will be for the vast majority of the contract. The issue is purely the front-loaded signing bonuses designed to get the Preds not to match. You can't lose Weber and Suter and be the same team so if they don't match, yeah, it'll be a huge blow. If they do match, and I have to believe they'll find a way considering they also apparently made huge offers to both Suter and Parise, they won't have a lot of room to add anyone in the next few seasons but their D and G will remain strong and the forward group will be the same type of offense by committee we're used to seeing. They won't be favorites but they'll remain competitive and probably continue to play the Blues tough.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote