Thread: TSN 1260: What's going on? Part 3
View Single Post
Old
07-21-2012, 09:33 PM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Doesnt mean there are no good stories\people they could connect with...
Would love to hear how Whitney is doing with his foot, Bring in Ebs, catch up with Hall, the captain... heck get Omark, Schremp or an Octane girl and people will listen.

This town is about hockey... most dont care about expert opinions on who to drop in NFL fantasy draft.
OK, things like Whitney's foot update take up 10 minutes...now what? I think people underestimate how hard it is to fill that much airspace at most times of year, let alone this time. Even in a heavily hockey-biased market, there is not enough hockey news to fill up a show with in July.

I'd have to assume most members of the Oilers are not in town during the summer and/or willing to do a bunch of interviews. Not really sure why former prospects like Schremp would want to come on an Edmonton radio station or what great radio they're going to provide. And an octane girl? Seriously? The only reason people might listen to an Octane girl is in the hope that she's gonna be giving out free you-know-whats behind the Pint after the show.

I do agree that fantasy football talk (or fantasy talk regarding any sport) has no place on sports radio, and the dial is quickly changed whenever that subject comes up.