View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 12:00 AM
jmelm
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
Canucks fan here. I posted this one the Canucks board and another forum and it was received positively. Wanted to get Pens' fans thoughts.

Mason Raymond for Tyler Kennedy

Both struggling players that are coming off mediocre seasons. Both had career years a couple of years ago and have failed to repeat that success for various reasons.

Kennedy is not a "struggling" hockey player, and I can't wait to see so many here eat crow by the end of the season when they see what kind of numbers and the kind of impact TK is putting up.

He is a young, 25 year old player who was coming off a career year and getting better every season, before having a couple of freak injuries which interfered with him getting into much of a grove in the regular season; even though he always had great hustle and had some of the better +/- numbers on our team, in both the regular season & playoffs; and was one of our better & most productive players in the post season.

If he can stay healthy this year, he will put up 20+ goals and create positive momentum & energe for our team on the ice. All that for little over the league average salary. That's pretty darn good for a 3rd line RW who should help ease Brandon Sutter comfortably into the line-up as 3rd line centre, while also being one of our only right handed shooting forwards, who's a nice option for our 2nd unit PP..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Grey View Post
I'm sorry, I don't get the Pronger lovefest.

Then you didn't watch him in the playoffs for Edmonton in 2006. This guy single handedly made live miserable for all of the opposing forwards in a way so dominant, and one which we frankly haven't seen since, well, then. He is/was a very special player, and will be a first ballot Hall of Famer as a result.