Thread: Confirmed with Link: Free Agency Thread
View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 05:38 AM
kimzey59

vCash: 500
Semin has no business being mentioned as a "mentor" for anybody, but I've actually warmed up to the idea after thinking about it a while. As Robb said; Semin did alright playing a 2-way game in Washington at the end of the year. It's not that he isn't capable of being a good 2-way forward, he's just never been required to be one before. I think with the right coaching and team leadership, Semin could follow the Brett Hull path to winning a Cup(latch on to a great group of 2-way players and be the offensive weapon they needed to get to that next level).

The price would have to be right(absolute max of 5.5 mil), but I'd have no problem bringing Semin in to be our "scorer". Put him on the LW next to McDonald and Stewart and you'll have a line that should create offense every time they step on the ice. You don't need to give them overly heavy minutes given that we have 2 lines of 2-way players, but that's the type of "3rd wave" line that teams simply wouldn't be able to stop. There's too much speed and skill there for teams to defend against(especially if they have to account for Backes, Oshie, Perron, Berglund, Tarasenko and Steen in the first 2 waves).

Having said that, I still prefer Doan or Morrow on that line instead. I'd rather have additional protection for McDonald than a pure sniper. Snipers can get shut down if their center gets taken out, which means the target would be firmly painted on McDonald's forehead if Semin is on his LW.

kimzey59 is online now   Reply With Quote