Old
07-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
Fair points.

I just view Girgs and his physical edge better suited to the wing and Sundher and his playmaking better suited to center. I also see Girgs taking the bigger leap of the two (USHL to AHL -vs- WHL to AHL) and at a younger age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
If he earned it fine. But you don't gift an 18 year old rookie those minutes.
All true and it's certainly a challenge to try to put Girgensons in the best position for him but also Sundher, and Adam, and Varone etc. We saw with Adam last year a guy playing in a situation above his developmental curve and, in the end, it kinda blew that year. On the other side, however, Gaustad was the Amerks' 2nd line center his rookie year there, IIRC, and I always thought it benefited him tremendously. Delicate balance, obviously.

I haven't paid too much attention to lineups for Buffalo and Rochester yet but doing a quick lookover I... can see why sabresfan27 is probably pulling his hair out.

There are two scenarios that I think might work out for Rochester, both involve Buffalo carrying 13 forwards with Scott as the extra guy. The first involves Tropp and either Porter or Ellis going to Rochester which would give you something like Vanek-Hodgson-Poms, Foligno-Ennis-Stafford, Ott-Leino-Kaleta, Gerbe-Ellis/Porter-McCormick plus Scott. The other is McCormick centering the fourth line, Tropp making the team, and both Ellis and Porter going to Rochester. I'm not brave enough to defend a scenario where Foligno doesn't make the team.

If one of those two things happens it balances Rochester decently in their top 9 without, I think, affecting Buffalo that significantly but if only one of Ellis/Porter/Tropp is an Amerk, boy that looks tough to work with. I wonder if Colin Stuart would make a good fit with some Sundher/Girgensons combo.