View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
If we are talking about their NHL upside, I'd take Schultz over Berger at this point, as Schultz, if he can continue to improve his skating/mobility he has the makings of a possible decent 4th liner as he will hit, drop the gloves, and actually has some hands. Berger while a little taller, he's not as physical although perhaps with steady ice time that will change as he was in and out of the lineup all year and barely had any consistent ice time. Perhaps he could be a 4th liner some day if he can improve his skating/mobility by a good bit. I know he will drop the gloves but not sure that's something he'll be very good at.
You find that Schultz has better hands than Berger? I totally don't agree. Regardless of what their respective points totals were last year, I see significantly more puck skills in Berger. As such, the only way I'd try to develop a Schultz over a Berger is if my team had a serious inferiority/toughness complex, and had enough talent that a plug like Schultz could find a role in there somewhere.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote