View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
I feel the same way. I know he's older than Weber but I see more upside in him. At his best he was really a very good #5-6 pmd, smart and skilled with decent defensive instincts to go with his above-average offensive tools.

The habs problem, as many have pointed out (including the post you were responding too) is that no team can carry Kaberle, Weber and Diaz and succeed. Add Markov into that mix and you simply have too many undersized or un-physical pmd and not enough size and grit in the mix. To me, after Markov, Diaz is the best of the other three to keep. Kaberle's work ethic is a blot on the team and Weber has just failed to find a reliable game in the NHL.

God am I glad to be rid of a management squad that went out and acquired guys like Gomez, Kaberle and Borque, the last two while the team was heading into the toilet anyway. Those guys are problems a losing team needs to get rid of to rebuild successfully, not go out and acquire. Ugh.
I'm with you on this one. Diaz is naturally going to get a bit stronger and smarter defensively, and shows more hints of improving in ways that could easily make him a more valuable NHL defensive piece than Weber, imo.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote