View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 12:34 PM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007 View Post
A couple time your post went up while I was writing mine. Timing issue, nothing more. Elbows down.
I was just confused. No elbow throwing from me

Quote:
Sure, of course. Doesn't Sundher need to fill out his body, though, in a way that Girgensons doesn't? I'm assuming the physical transition is going to be more impactful for him, but the competition/speed jump may not be as big an issue. There are plenty of people who think Girgensons is ready for the pros and a lot of that is based on his physique, desire and skill level at his age. That's not to diminish Sundher but it is also why I assumed him at LW in that pair a dozen posts ago. Most of it relates to two having two skilled prospects, but the younger has the more pro-ready body.
Not sure how much Sundher has to fill out. I've seen him listed as heavy as 192lbs and as light as his draft weight of 177lbs. At 6' tall if he weighs 192lbs he doens;t have that much filling out to do but I:m sure he can use and improvement in his strength.

As a side note, why don't the Sabres update their propect profiles on Sabres.com. They don't even have Sundher's 11-12 season stats listed in his profile.

Quote:
Obviously everything I've said pertaining to Girgensons applies to Sundher as well and I certainly have no problem pushing him up the ladder along with, or in lieu of, Girgensons if he ultimately adapts to the pros quicker.From a practical standpoint, there will probably be enough top 6 jobs open in Rochester whenever either is ready for one.
I actually viewed them pushing those ahead of them together and possibly jumping up as a line as the season progressed. As opposed to an either or situation.

Quote:
Guys like Sundher, slight-ish speed/skill players, I usually give a couple years to adjust to the competition level but if he's ready earlier, why would I complain? However Girgensons is also a priority prospect. Hopefully Sundher can develop into an NHL player. They need Girgensons to
I think this is the overriding influence on your take on this. You feel they are counting on him to matter almost immediately and need him to do so. You've mentioned it a few times in the past. I just don't see it the same way.

Also Sundher isn't small or slight, at worst you could say he is average.