Thread: Speculation: PK Subban being shopped ?
View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 01:25 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8spokesontheB View Post
I don't know what you're talking about, "lowball". I feel that most offers here have been decent for Subban, not all of course. Pernell is a good #2, and a GREAT 3 or 4.....He's #1 on your team because of lack, not because that's what he is. I love Pernell, I'd take him in a heartbeat....but this notion that some team would have to "overpay" for him is crazy. You think because you like a player other teams would have to overpay? The only teams that would 'overpay' - that is, give you more than a #2 d in return, or a 2nd line player - is a team that needs to reach the cap, or a desperate team that thinks his powerplay goals put them in contention.

Subban isn't even great on the PP. Just so you know, he's not a true PP QB like Markov, Kaberle or whoever. He's better 5 on 5 funny enough.

As for the rest, someone who have to overpay because he is not available. The reality is, anyone can make a 'fair' deal for another player, but fair based on what? Value? Sure, but what about needs? Beyond that, why trade a fan favourite just because?

I think you're overcomplicating the obvious. For example, I think Beaulieu+ is fair value for hamilton, are you interested? I'd assume no. Most wouldn't be because it doesn't help the bruins and why would trading subban for fair packages help the habs long term?

I'm not sure what the point of the video is either. Bergeron had something to say to Subban, Subban laughed in his face and bergeron pushed him after being annoyed. Subban fell. Okay?