View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
We've seen plenty of dman find their game later in their career. Diaz can certainly improve. You can't judge him based solely on his age; you also have to take into consideration that the biggest challenge for him is to adapt to the pace, rules, and culture of the NHL. That will be the defining factor for Diaz. We have this very "EA Sport" vision of potential in a player: that they will get better until they reach 22, 23 years old, then it's their prime. It's not how it really works. For most guys, it's true because they take a traditional road to the NHL.

Diaz is in a different boat. I think he has the tools. But he plays/needs to play a cerebral game to be effective: poke checks, positioning, takeaways, etc. He'll never have the physique to play like Pronger. And the kind of game he plays takes a bit more time to develop I think. He needs to be out on the ice and analyze what's going on. Understand how plays develop in the NHL. Know where to be and what to do. If he gets the ice time next season, I'm sure he'll impress us.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote