Thread: Confirmed with Link: Panthers Sign F Peter Mueller 1yr/$1.725
View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 01:48 PM
KWGoon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I know the stats, but I'd still take Mueller anyday over Wolski in the SO after doing some research. For one, Mueller has a better shot. I also think he's smarter, that is to say he doesn't waste chances as much, he usually makes a few soft touches and then blows it by the goalie with an incredible wrist shot. He may not be as good of a stickhandler as Wolski, but I like what Mueller does better, as opposed to Wolski who uses a complicated array of dekes and he only even does that once every ten tries. Maybe Wolski was once great in shootouts, but he didn't really impress me while he was here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
The reason why I responded to your post was that I wanted to defend Wolski. I thought he wasn't appreciated here at all (after the first couple weeks), and I thought he meant more to the team during the spring than many others. But I'll let go now. Let him rot with the Caps.

It didn't show in my post that I was actually happy to discover that Muller is as good as he has been in SO. He was 2/3 last year... We definitely need that from him, and I'm much happier with the signing after learning this.
I agree with both of you in a sense. I'd rather have Mueller next season but I also think DT got us into playoffs by picking up Wolski, who won a key game for us in his first one (or second?) and provided a couple of SO goals. Those 4 points or so that Wolski could be given a large amount of credit for were obviously critical in the end.

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote