View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 02:31 PM
mkearney913
Bob Ross

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
My only concern is with your starting line-up. Both Silfverberg and Regin are natural centres I believe. I don't know if any of them have played on the left before.

Also it may be that eventually Cowen will be paired with Karlsson but until you find a replacement for Gonchar, we can't have our two oldest Dmen playing together... not unless they see bottom pairing minutes.

Silfverberg played LW all year last year, as far as I know. Didn't he dominate on a line with Calle Jarnkrok at centre in Brynas? As for Regin, while he is naturally a centre, I don't see any of Turris, Smith or O'Brien being moved, so he'll play at LW as well.

Phillips and Gonchar played together quite a bit last year, so I think it's reasonable to assume that they'll play together again this year. Of the three LDs, Cowen has the best ability to move the puck, so he'll probably be paired with Karlsson. Methot and Lundin round it out.

As for Gonchar's replacement, there's a pretty decent crop of UFA defensemen in 2013 that can fill that hole if Wiercoch or Ceci aren't ready. Otherwise, we'll make a trade once Gonchar's contract is up.

mkearney913 is offline   Reply With Quote