View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 02:55 PM
zac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
Too many holes and moving parts on Detroit, I think they'll have a bumpy ride to the postseason.

CLB can't be worse than last year, but I've said that before.

NASH-is this the year the team shuts down on Trotz when he throws them under the bus? I think they're in trouble with or without Weber at this point.

STL- I don't trust Hitchcock to get them to do what they did last year. The team is still very young without a whole bunch of winning experience in STL or Peoria. I think they take a significant step back.

Chicago wins the division in my opinion, followed by STL and Det. Nashville and CLB out of the playoffs

There's still quite a long ways to go this offseason. I picked PHX 12th in the West last year and STL a spot out of the postseason, so I'm always confident predicting the future.
Let me get this straight: you don't trust a coach who took over a struggling, young group of over-achievers to 109 points but you think a team that has regressed for 2 straight years with an idiot for a coach is going to win the division? Where is the logic in that?

While the Hawk roster isn't without holes, the biggest problem lies behind the bench. Chicago was +19 in plus minus as a team, yet was only +10 in goal differential during the regular season. What's really said about this is the Hawks had a +43 in PP-PK minutes, which given the "talent" on our roster should have equated to at LEAST a +10 STs differential. Our set-ups are so bad, the philosophy so bad on our STs that we have the results of a bottom feeder team. It's ridiculous.

Given the severity of team-play erosion, the length with which it has occurred, and the utter lack of corrective measures (coaches changing philosophy, new coaches, personnel moves) why would anyone think this won't continue? Teams don't simply "snap" out of it, something has to change. Where is that change? I think you are going to be very disappointed when you look end-of-year standings. I'll be surprised if we're any higher than 3rd in the division.

Oh, and if you think our coach is in the mood for change just look on the latest coaching move. He replaces an idiot buddy with another idiot buddy. I wouldn't want this guy coaching a pee-wee hockey team.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote