View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
We should fire MB then.

If we are looking at being a cup contender (or a decent playoff team) in the 3 - 7 year range signing Subban now to a long-term contract only makes sense. Overpaying Subban now for his RFA years and then in a couple of years getting a lower cap hit when we are trying to be a top team in the East would be a smarter choice than signing Subban to a lower cap hit short term contract now and paying for a higher UFA cap hit in a couple of years.

-------

Or putting PK and trade in the same sentence will get them riled up, also. The context and details don't really matter, they read the two words and kaboom!
No question that PK is an impact player. But he's also very unstable in the locker room and on the ice. I would also give him a long term contract but I think MB wants to give himself a way out if matters become bad with PK.

I think PK wants a 6 year contract that would go like this 1st yr 3.5, 2nd 3.5, 3rd 4.0, 4th 4.0, 5th 5.5, 6th 5.5.

While MB would want a 3 year deal at 3.5 a year.

They will probably settle at 4 years 3.5 for the first 3 and 4.5 the 4th.

IMO at least.

I don't think it's a good thing to bow to PK's demands he's a talented player but hasn't proven much yet in fact a lot less than Price. I wouldn't want to make him feel too comfortable.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote