Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!
View Single Post
07-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey
Couple more NHL tidbits from a Q&A on a blog with Sean Ramjagsingh:
- You can do directed poke checks in this game. What this means is if you hit left or right as you hit your poke check, your player will do a two handed chop at the puck. At one point in the game, I swung my stick with both hands and knocked the puck to the left side of the ice.
- Fourth line grinders are strong on the puck. I know this because Mason Raymond would routinely bounce off of them when I tried to body check them. Conversely, superstars feel more like superstars. When I was in need of help, I would wait patiently for Claude Giroux to get on the ice because he could do more things at higher speeds than my other players.
- Darcy Hordichuk and Ben Eager scored on me, so obviously there are still some bugs that need to be worked out
- The cut scenes were relevant to the players on the ice. Meaning after I shot the puck into the crowd, it wouldnít cut to show my player drinking water on the bench, it would show my guy going to the bench right where I had left him. The cut scenes take player basically in real time, vs canned animations. This might seem like a small thing, but it is small thing I enjoy.
- Fun Fact: Players complain to EA producers about their player ratings all the time. Patrick Kane and Zack Kassian are just some of the players who feel they arenít fast enough in the NHL games.
Fun Fact #2: Claude Giroux actually complained he was TOO fast in the game. You humble *******.
- Fun Fact #3: EA has a scout do the player ratings for them. So while many people (myself included) hate the fact many players in the game seem to be stuck around an 80 OV rating, it isnít EA choosing this so much as a scout coming to them with his input. Which means all that hate mail we send has to be re-directed to this guy. I still want them to go back to NHL í95 mode where some players were rated 62 OV!
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by sobrien