Thread: News Article: Subban refused qualifying offer
View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 03:31 PM
yianik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
4 years would make him UFA at the end of the contract, so that doesn't work for me. 3 or 5 years will be much more likely.

I'm thinking he'll get paid a lot more than what you're anticipating - I'm guessing $39 million over 7 years for a $5.57 cap hit. That's what we paid Markov and Hamrlik and the same that the Wiz got.

I don't think he's unstable, I know he does some things he shouldn't but he's still a kid. It seems like good natured stuff that's a bit too much for some of the older guys. The younger guys seem unfazed by it and I expect the team to get a lot younger as time goes by.
Dont like 3 years because then in a year he is UFA and he might be more willing to test the market, 4 years stinks because then he is UFA and 5 only grabs one UFA year, so for me, if your going long then 6 at a minimum but Id prefer 7 or 8 because you really go into the UFA years when you still have leverage and the chance to lower the overall cap hit. Thing is, while I believe in PK I and arent worried about all these character things being raised, Im not sure what his top end is going to look like and another year or two year deal for me is better to assess him and then give him the mother load contract. However, if MB and his people think PK will be a No.1 or No.2 D-man at worse , then go for it. For sure Id go long over 3, 4, and 5 years.

yianik is offline   Reply With Quote