View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 07:31 PM
vfl

vCash: 500
I wrote this:

Dear Mr. Henry,

My name is vfl and I have been a die hard fan of the Predators since 2001. I cannot express in words how fortunate I feel to have had the priviledge of growing up watching the Predators and going to the arena to see the likes of Mario Lemieux, Steve Yzerman, Brett Hull, Joe Sakic, Jaromir Jagr, and Dominik Hasek play hockey. The one thing that all of these players had in common, besides illustrious careers, is that they played for the other team. As a kid, I just assumed that such players were too good to play for us. I always fantasized that one day a Jagr or Lemieux would suit up for the good guys, but deep down, I thought it would never happen. The Kariya and Forsberg signings finally brought that fantasy to fruition; however, I soon longed for more. I wanted a Derek Jeter, someone with world class talent whom we could call our own. While I now understand the nature of professional sports, I still expect to retain our home grown talent. I commend the organization for extending the contract of Pekka Rinne, and I understand the Suter situation, that Poile was all in last year and risked Suter, who never seemed like he wanted to play here, leaving for nothing. Notwithstanding the possibility of the utilization of leverage to engender a trade, two very distinct options present themselves with regard to the Shea Weber situation. We can either become the Kansas City Royals of the NHL, a quadruple A farm team for the Yankees and Red Sox, or we can demonstrate to the rest of the league that we are a legitimate franchise and will not be bullied by large market teams. I do realize that signing Weber would tie up an inordinate amount of monetary resources in one player; however, at this time, there are simply no other viable options on the market that would warrant the allocation of major funds. I would much rather have one Shea Weber than four draft picks and a host of mediocre players signed with the money saved by not matching the offer sheet. I implore you to do everything in your power to ensure that Shea Weber remains in gold for the forseeable future. Regardless of the outcome of this dilemma, I will always support the Predators. Thank You for your time.

Sincerely,

vfl

vfl is offline   Reply With Quote