View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I think there is every possibility that he goes to the AHL this season, for one very big reason: He's eligible.

Last season the choice was the NHL or the OHL, and given his physical maturity, there really wasn't much of an advantage to him going to the OHL. He would have been a man playing against boys. The kid was just too strong for the OHL to really challenge him. Now, with the option to play in the AHL, he can still play against men, but he can develop more at his own pace, and refine his game further in the AHL.

I don't expect him to go to the AHL, but denying the possibility seems a little foolish. There is just no reason for Anaheim to not consider it, now that he's eligible for it, and if he doesn't have a great training camp, or struggles out of the gate, I'd hope that Anaheim would send him down.
You'd think he had better come out the gate flying, because if Palmieri keeps his play at the same level and Etem tears up the AHL at a Getzlafesque pace, there's a good chance he's he guy who gets sent down. I know he brings size, but I don't see Cogliano sitting on the bench with his salary, Beleskey will drop the gloves, and Winnik is a much better player right now.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote