View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Multimoodia
Sicker Than Usual

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth JD View Post
Not really. He performed better than the second-pairing but also coughed up the puck a couple times behind the net. His screw-ups didn't end up in the back of the net like Shattenkirk's and Jackman's did, so his numbers don't look as bad...but he's always going to be physically over-matched. Just because it didn't cost the Blues against LA doesn't mean it won't in the future.
Yes really.

Look, one of the reasons why Russell performed well was because he had a partner that could play the very physical game LA wanted to play. I am not going to deny that, but whenever a player can make a good first pass or rush the puck out of the zone it tends to cause matchup issues with the opposition's checking forwards.
Part of the reason his screwups did not end up in the back of the net was that he made fewer and what were made were far less egregious as a whole. I do recall him losing the puck behind the net in game...3 I think.
I would love to have a 6' plus, 200 plus player playing the #6 role, but typically if those players have the skillset Russell does they are playing a top 4 role.

I would love to be able to improve on Russell....but not if the "improvement" is Colo. Because that would not be an improvement.

Multimoodia is offline   Reply With Quote