View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Seriously, you are arguing that Koivu is not God? Is that really your argument for "bashing" Koivu? Really? You thought that "Le Tricolore" is really comparing Koivu to god? .. Price was called Jesus Price not long ago.. and people were bowing Halak like a god.. Did you get upset too??

Winning the cup is not the only accomplishment in hockey. What about carrying the Olympics torch? What about winning the first IIFH World Championship for Finland? What about 4 Olympics medals? What about being the first European Captain ... and also being the longest-serving captain for the most prestigious hockey team in the world? Is that what you call "hasn't accomplished anything"?

Laugh at my argument all you want so you can feel superior but I'm not the one bringing the number of children a guy has to defend him or compared Koivu with legends which none of us did, except you. If you need to put words like "Saku is the best ever of all time" in our mouths then have fun, it does make us look stupid and you smart.

Anyway, there's a reason why Koivu was our captain, there's a reason why Koivu is the captain of team Finland (over future HOF Selanne), there's a reason why he's an assistant captain for the Ducks, there's a reason why he will be carrying to Olympics torch. Maybe not for you, but when Koivu will retire, he will remember as a warrior, a professional, a leader and a rolemodel. If he wins the cup before his retirement, it would just a big bonus but for me, I can already tell that he had a great and successful career.
Pretty solid post, noob.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote