View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 10:44 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Playing behind a crap D will take it's toll on any goalie. I doubt there's a netminder in the league that would look good after starting 158 games for the Blue Jackets over the last 3 years.

The guy needs a change of scenery, and I for one think he would be more than adequate playing behind a good D (he's already shown that).

Do you remember when Mason replaced a Bernier, and led Canada to gold in the WJC while earning MVP status in the process? He was also the goaltender of the year in when he played for Kitchener.
I remember.

Mason is a classic case of mental challenges standing in the way of exceptional talent to me. He still has all of the skill to be one of the best goalies in the game but something has his head in knots and that is what is keeping him down.

That said I still believe that he would make a good back up and maybe even recapture his game under the right circumstances. Playing on a team where he was a back up and had a solid D system/defence would go a long way for this kid at this point.

He was rushed into the NHL and we are seeing the results.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote