View Single Post
Old
07-22-2012, 10:52 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I'm not a fan of Penn State, but I did play football in high school with a PSU alumnus currently in the NFL. I also HATE college football. It's boring when you're not playing. I don't even watch the NFL much anymore.

That said, I can honestly say, the people who want PSU crushed are wrong. I would say this exact same thing about ANY college football program in a similar situation, where the football program was so significantly tied to other parties that should not be punished because of a few.

This. Screw the NCAA.
This "few bad apples" meme is old......sorry but the football institution engaged in a criminal coverup...they should be penalized in the extreme.

PSU as an institution of higher education unfortunately will experience some of the blowback but that is a consequence of their school allowing a particular collegiate sport to dominate their identity in a cult-like fashion. This is what happens when you don't "diversify"....hopefully the academic institution will learn an invaluable lesson from this tragedy...one would hope so considering the damage.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote