07-23-2012, 02:39 AM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsjohn130 View Post
I don't want humble pit.

What I want is very simple.

It's what every MN sports fan has wanted since we almost went to the superbowl in 2010, and 1998. (years?)

Except, with hockey, which is dearer to me than any other sport, even the sport that I captained back in HS, lacrosse.

I was an 8th grader when the Wild went to the WCF's. I remember having parties at my house with all my friends and we watched us come back from TWO down 3-0 series. Miracles. I appreciated it, but when we lost against ANA it was sad, but not very sad.

Not sad like when the USA lost in OT against Canada at the last olympics. I teared up afterwards, almost straight cried when I read a very well written article by ESPN. We were so close. It meant so much, the odds were higher, and it was dramatic.

I want the playoffs, and I want some evidence of success in them. Next season we will not go to the Cup, but I certainly think we make the playoffs. And I would love to win a series.

Eventually, I want to know what it feels like win the Cup. I mean, the f**king Cup! The hardest trophy to get in sports. I want to cry in joy like when I hear people talk about Ray Bourque's victory lap, or Salanne in 2006.

I was too young to care about the Twins winning. And well...there's nothing else to really say in MN sports.
Unless you count Gopher hockey in 2002, 2003, and 2013

Jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote