View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 01:47 AM
ProstheticConscience
I see an eagle

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Just out of interest, unless he REALLY loves vancouver, why does he re-sign? The way UFA contracts are being tossed out these days I know I'd test free agency if I was him
Well, MG has been very good at getting his FAs to sign at team-friendly deals, Ehrhoff being one notable exception. We could very well be headed into yet another CBApocalypse season here, who knows how things will shake out. I would imagine getting Edler under contract will be a pretty high priority this year.

To turn your question around, why wouldn't he re-sign? Vancouver's a contending team, a pleasant city to live in if you've got lots of cash (barring the odd riot), the owners of the Canucks have deep pockets and they're not afraid to open them, Edler's in the system that drafted and developed him and the only NHL team he's ever known, his friends are here, etc etc etc. Cap hit aside, Ehrhoff was making $10 mil last season, let's not forget. If Edler's more reasonable, I for one remain optimistic we can strike a good deal for everyone involved.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote