Thread: Rumor on XTRA
View Single Post
Old
12-02-2003, 11:03 AM
txpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM3owner
Maybe Bondra's best days are behind him, well in fact they are but both Lang and Gonchar are getting better with each season...it might be a stretch but you could possible consider them both late bloomers
Defensemen in general are late bloomers. Its seems to take them longer to develope. Lang is a late bloomer. Most players of his caliber get a chance to be the top gun on their team. Lang has always been a 2nd banana at best having to lineup behind Jagr, Mario, Kovalev and so forth.

When Jagr left the door open this season Lang got his chance to be the top player on his team. This is his first chance to run a power play and to be the lead player on the top line on his team. I think its very possible that this is the real Robert Lang. That its not a hot streak.

I am inclined to think that at 32 he has at least the lenth of his contract
to continue at a top rate of production. Is am I wrong or is $5m a year not too much to pay for your top scorer? He is a happy, positive player. His mates love him.

I say after Jagr is traded, they make Lang Captain and build the team around Lang and Gonchar.