View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 08:05 AM
clefty
What a nice fella

vCash: 500
I was right and wrong about Carcillo. I watched him in Wilkes-Barre his rookie season, and he scored about half his total season's points in his first 10-15 games. I think he was playing with Hussey and Armstrong? Maybe Christensen? I can't remember. Anyway, at first I thought he looked a dead ringer for Shayne Corson, but soon he started to show he was too much of an idiot for that. Well, not that Corson wasn't an idiot, but he was a productive idiot. Carcillo became more interested in running around taking shots at guys instead of developing as a player and seemed completely oblivious to his potential, like he was playing the game for all the wrong reasons. I think the Pens saw it that way too, which is why Todd Richards sat him down at one point to place a moratorium on misconducts for the upcoming season.

Which didn't come close to happening, even though he agreed at the time he needed to cut it with the circus act. He clashed with Richards, got demoted to Wheeling for disciplinary reasons, and was apparently super grumpy with the Pens for signing and playing Jarkko Ruutu over him.

In short, I was sure he'd make the NHL when I first saw him play, but I thought he'd be scoring 15-20 goals instead of shooting for 300+ PIMs and making an ass of himself every season. I do recall I got pretty disillusioned with him pretty quickly, though.

clefty is offline   Reply With Quote