Thread: Fantasy Sports: Fantasy Hockey Talk
View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Krishna

vCash: 500
Slovak newspaper is quoting Lubo Visnovsky saying two interesting things (http://sport.sme.sk/c/6467071/visnov...o-satanom.html).

First one is a hint that Islanders are interested in Miro Satan: "Garth Snow called me that they are in negotiations with Miroslav Satan. I probably should not tell this to the media, but he told me that they are trying to persuade him to return to Long Island, where he played in the past."

I take this with a grain of salt, however the second part of the article is really interested. Apparently, Visnovsky believes that there is a problem with his trade to the Islanders. In his contract (originally signed with the Kings), there was a clause that in the 5th year of his contract he could only be traded to a team from a 10-team list that he provides. The Ducks did not get any list from him. He says that the Ducks believe that this clause is no longer valid, since he waived his no-trade clause when he was traded from Edmonton. He also says that the NHLPA does not agree with this and he (Visnovsky) with his agent are considering to apply for an arbitration to invalidate the trade.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote