View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 09:02 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
I dont see Miller being back, but after that, i dont see problems
Why? Do you see another goaltender in this system who'll be prepared for an NHL starter's role within two years? I don't. After several years of inconsistent play at each professional level, I don't think the organization is all that high on Enroth, at least as far as being an NHL starter. Add to that a woeful UFA crop of goaltenders in summer 2014--Lundqvist is not leaving NYC, and the best options after him are Kipper (will be 37 and far less consistent than Miller), Hiller (will probably want a raise to the point there wouldn't be much cost savings from Miller), and Halak (ditto). The only way I see Miller going is if someone offers a hot shot goaltending prospect on the cusp of NHL duty (plus other assets) in exchange for Miller. I don't think he'd ever ask out.

While Miller has grown more jaded to Buffalo over the years--particularly with the local media--I get the sense that the Pegulas very much like him and the feeling is mutual. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see him sign something like a three-year deal for similar money

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote