View Single Post
Old
07-23-2012, 10:17 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Not that simple. This contract would surely hamstring them, so they have to consider that in the equation. I agree that right now, Weber + financial woes > 4 1sts and the fanbase hit. However, considering all of the other things in the equation, what you need to substitute the 4 1sts for is absolutely not considerably more than Voracek and Mez + next 2 1sts. Maybe a Bourdon, Cousins, or something else on top.
If NSH has such a great fan base, why would they leave in mass because Weber left the team? Regardless of whether or not Weber leaves, the fans should still have a problem with ownership/management because they allowed this mess to become a reality (also, consider all the other talent NSH let walk out the door).

I'm sure there will be an initial emotional reaction from the NSH fan base, just like the reaction last off season when Richards and Carter were traded.

NSH could potentially (if they trade up) have two top 15 picks for the next 4 years, that could be a really cheap and quick rebuild...

NSH also has approximately 10 RFAs/UFAs to sign next off season. I don't know that it's a lock the Flyers get Weber, but I don't really see how NSH can afford the deal, especially when you consider the bonus money owed cannot be insured in the event of lockout/injury.

I'm open to a trade in order to get Weber here, but Holmgren already made his position clear that Couts/Schenn are not going the other way. Mez and Jake I could handle, but the Flyers better be able to bring in Doan (or another W for Giroux) because W will be extremely thin.